Copyright

All photos, images and video excluding advertising and google generated content, or unless otherwise labeled, are Copyright Jephyr (Jeff Curtis). All Rights Reserved.

These images are not in the public domain. Contact me for licensing terms and pricing.

Unauthorized or unlicensed use for all commercial and personal applications is prohibited.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Few More Photos From The Archives



Hello,

As I mentioned in my last blog entry I've been sharing some of my Photography from the last couple of years that I hadn't posted here yet.

Here are a few more from 2015. 

Camera:  Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens (unless otherwise noted):  Canon 24-105 f4 L



Photograph - Copyright 2015 - Jephyr - All Rights Reserved

As I've written before, I rented various telephoto lenses to test them out...hoping I can get one some day.

The beautiful creature above was taken one afternoon at the Phoenix zoo using the newest Canon 100-400 L lens.

I showed this image to a friend and told her how the swans had rapidly all bobbed their heads up and down making it difficult to get this shot.  She said she knew all about that....and grabbed her phone and showed me a video clip she had taken of the swans there all bobbing up and down.

: )


Photograph - Copyright 2015 - Jephyr - All Rights Reserved

I may have mentioned before, I got to know a photographer who took amazing photographs of skies and clouds.  

Years ago, I'd loved taking those kinds of photos with an old film camera too...so she reminded me of that time...and I started capturing sunsets and clouds again as well.

One afternoon I noticed the sky above my home and took the image above right from a street near by


Photograph - Copyright 2015 - Jephyr - All Rights Reserved

I'm beginning to realize that I've got a thing for birds too.  I draw and paint them...and love capturing them with my camera.

Grackles are cool little birds...and remind me of crows...but the ones we have in my area are usually brown...and are sleeker looking too.

Even though you see them all over Phoenix, and you might think they are more used to us humanoids, they can be a little shy.

The good-looking guy above landed near me while I was taking photos one day, and I only got off a few shots before he quickly flew away.

This was also taken with the new Canon 100-300 L Lens.


Photograph - Copyright 2015 - Jephyr - All Rights Reserved

The last image I'll share today was taken during the last gasp of a glorious sunset one evening in 2015.

I'd been shooting much of the afternoon at a nearby wildlife preserve...and captured these silhouetted palms and trees with their beautiful glowing backdrop at the end of my journey.

---------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by!

Jephyr




No comments:

Post a Comment